LIONEL NORFOLK SOUTHERN LEGACY SD90MAC DIESEL LOCOMOTIVE
When EMD introduced their new 6000 horsepower monster in 1996, several railroads took notice but only two placed orders. Issues with the new diesel engine resulted in most units being delivered as SD9043MACs with “only” 4300 horses under the hood.
In the past decade, many of the locomotives have moved on to new owners providing even more colorful options for these imposing locomotives. Norfolk Southern has acquired many of these units with plans to rebuild.
- LEGACY® Control System- equipped – able to run in LEGACY™ Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Odyssey® II Speed Control with On/Off switch
- LEGACY RailSounds® sound system featuring:
- CrewTalk™ dialog and TowerCom™ announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped
- Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk™ dialog
- Eight diesel RPM levels
- LEGACY™ “Real-Time Quilling Horn” control with instant response for realistic signature “quilling” and correctly timed warning signals
- Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds
- Sequence Control: plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive
- Current speed and fuel dialog, refueling sound effects
- IR Transmitter for SensorTrack™
- Dual powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- ElectroCoupler™ on front and rear
- Traction tires
- Refined Conventional transformer Control Mode with lower starting speeds
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Directional lighting including LED headlights
- Marker lights on front and rear
- Illuminated number boards
- Lighted cab interior
- Die-cast metal trucks, pilot, and fuel tank
- Metal frame
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Engineer and conductor figures
- Comes with Original Box & Packaging
C-10 Mint – Brand New: All original, unused and unblemished.
C-9 Factory New – Brand New: all original, unused, may evidence factory rubs and the slightest evidence of handling, shipping and having been test run at the factory.
C-9 New-Old-Stock: all original, unused, and typically out of production and may evidence factory rubs and shows considerable evidence of handling, shipping and aging.
C-8 Like New: Complete all original. No rust, no missing parts, may show effects of being on display and/or age, may have been run.
C-7 Excellent: All original minute scratches and paint nicks, no rust and no missing parts. No distortion of component parts.
C-6 Very Good: Minor scratches and paint nicks, minor spots of surface rust, free of dents. May have minor parts replaced.
C-5 Good: Sign of play wear with scratches and minor paint loss. Small dents, minor surface rust. Evidence of heavy use.
C-4 Fair: Scratched. Moderate paint loss, dented missing parts, surface rust. Evidence of heavy use.
C-3 Poor: Requires major body repair. Heavily scratched, major rust and missing parts. Restoration candidate.
C-2 Restoration required: Restoration required.
C-1 Junk, parts value only: Junk, parts value only